Monday, December 18, 2006

Niseko!


This is Mt Yoeti San on one of the few clear days we have in the winter. In the foreground is Hirafu village where we live.

We have been in Niseko Hirafu for about 3 weeks and already riding some of the best powder in my life. What a contrast to Kushiro. We share a house with 5 others (all Australians) and in the village it must be about 70% foreigners. We almost had reverse culture shock as we found it hard concentrating hearing so much English spoken in the bars. This place has so many bars and restaurants. We live only a few hundred metres from the first lift so spend our lunch breaks and evenings on the snow. Although I thought that I had broken my wrist this week. Or more specifically the scaphoid bone in my wrist. But after a MRI today I go the all clear. So lucky not to have a cast on for 6 weeks!
These are the two Apartment buildings Sarah and I mange.

No comments: